A friend and I were talking at work today about things we want to do before we die . . . yes, the proverbial bucket list conversation. It turns out that there are several websites offering inspiration to those looking to make their own bucket list. Try bucketlist.org, bucketlistjourney.net, or bucketlist.net.
What inspired this conversation is that I have decided to rent a plot next year in the community garden in my town. Last year I set a goal to write and publish an e-book. I did that. This year my goal was to grow sunflowers and make homemade pickles. I did both of those. Next year I want to have a real actual garden and grow my own veggies. I believe that everybody should have a goal to work toward.
My friend and I talked for a few minutes and he decided that he needed to write his bucket list right then and there. He came up with five items, wrote them down and thus his bucket list was born. That got me thinking about what I would put on my bucket list. What are somethings that I want to do before I die?
Here are some things that come to mind . . .
1. See my e-book published as a hardback.
2. Learn to play acoustic guitar.
3. See my son and stepdaughter get baptized.
4. Own a house.
5. Take a road trip around America in a R-V, taking only 2-lane back roads, visiting mom-and-pop restaurants and stores, rediscovering the heartbeat of America behind all the big-name-chains.
6. Visit Australia and see koalas and kangaroos in their natural habitat.
7. Visit Ireland.
8. Go to work for K-Love radio.
9. Produce a radio commercial for national airplay.
10. Save a life.
11. Lead someone to Christ.
12. See Elvis in concert.
13. See Pearl Jam in concert.
14. See The Who in concert.
15. Go on an international mission trip.
16. Help build a Habitat For Humanity house.
17. Buy a meal for a homeless person.
18. Apologize to a former friend for the way our friendship ended.
19. Write a best-seller.
20. Meet Stephen King.
21. Stand on the stage at the Grand Ole Opry and Radio City Music Hall.
22. See a Broadway play.
23. Read the whole bible from Genesis to Revelation.
24. Join a book club.
25. Kiss in the rain.
26. Climb to the top of a radio tower.
27. Create graffiti so awesome that people call it art.
28. Write a blog post that goes viral.
29. Find the courage to quit hiding behind a pseudonym.
30. Become a college graduate.
I’m sure there are more things that I will think of right after I click “post” so I may add to this list later, but this seems like a pretty good start.
What would be on your bucket list? On your mark, get set, GO!
Until next time . . .